Privacy and Legal
The Haywards site is a UK based website and takes reasonable care to comply with requirements of the EU data protection laws with regard to the personal information you supply on this site.
However, as no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We may occasionally modify this Privacy Statement, such variations becoming effective immediately upon posting to the website and by continuing to use the website, you will be deemed to accept any such variations.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Data
In order for us to be able to provide you with a range of services, both online and in branch, it is sometimes necessary to collect data about you.
Our legal basis for processing data is legitimate interest and soft opt in. This means we will contact you in cases where we have a legitimate interest to do so i.e. booking your vehicle in for srevice. It also means that we may from time to time send existing customers marketing material, however, there is always an option to opt out from this kind of correspondence.
The type of personal information we may collect, store and use includes, but is not limited to:-
* Information you provide to us by phone, email, post, website or in person.
* Information that you provide when completing your online form (including your name, email address, telephone number and vehicle details).
* Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details including your address, telephone number and payment details.
Using Personal Information
Any personal data Haywards collect from you will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:-
* Meeting the terms of your order.
* Providing you with the use of the services available on the website or in branch.
* To supply you with services purchased through our website or in branch.
* Sending statements, invoices and payment reminders to you and collecting payments from you.
Disclosing Personal Information
Haywards may share your data with selected third parties:-
* With our manufacturer partners, our panel of lenders, staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so.
* If legally obliged to disclosure your personal information.
* In connection with any on-going or prospective legal proceedings.
* In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and to reduce credit risk).
* To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Haywards will not provide your personal information to third parties except as provided in this policy.
You can choose not to receive this information by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject "No Haywards emails".
Alternatively if you do not wish us to share your information with our selected third parties you can send a blank email to email@example.com
with the subject "No 3rd Party Information".
Security of your Personal Information
Haywards will make all reasonable efforts to ensure your data remains safe by:-
* Ensuring all details of financial transactions entered via our website will be transferred by encryption technology.
* Taking all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
* Storing all personal data you provide on our secure servers.
Haywards will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary and usually no longer than 7 years after your contract is over - unless requested otherwise.
You have a right to access any personal information we hold about you. In order to do so you must submit a Subject Access Request. Upon receipt of such request we will confirm your identity and then provide all relevant data we may hold on you.
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible. Similarly, if you instruct us to destroy your personal data and/or cease to process it for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
Data collection via cookies
Haywards may also collect personally identifying information using cookies. Sometimes cookies are required as part of this site's operation. We will not collect personal data about you using cookies outside of this purpose.
Quayside, Chatham Maritime,
Chatham, Kent. ME4 4QU